Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How do You Stay Healthy?

We all have stress in our lives, so exercise is a good idea. Exercise helps people control stress, so we can take it easy, and take care of ourselves. It can be easy to get some exercise. We can just take a walk for 15 or 30 minutes every day. Maybe sometimes we can walk for an hour in a quiet place, like Golden Gate Park, or Ocean Beach. We can do some simple stretches so we can relax.

I read story in the newspaper about an exercise we call "push-ups." The newspaper story says it's very healthy for us to do these simple exercises. Push-ups help us have strong muscles in our backs, arms and chests. Also, strong bones! Strong bones are very important for our health. So if we just walk, stretch and try some push-ups, we will take care of our stress. We will have better health and have better minds (for studying English, or other things!)

So here is my question for you today. How many push-ups can you do? You can try a push-up in class, or at home if you do not know now. Then take our poll. I'll tell you later how many I can do today. Let's see if we can do more push-ups on the last day of class. Let's get exercise and be healthy.

Watch this video from the newspaper story. These people can do great push-ups! Click back after you watch.

Next, this week please make a comment about health. Answer these questions:
  1. What do you usually do to be healthy?
  2. What should you do more often?
  3. What should you do less often?
Finally, you can click this link to listen, watch and learn more about health.

12 comments:

  1. For my healthy I walked one hour a day, some time more than that. I usually walked to school and walked back home after school. I took two classes, so I get home about quater to one. After lunch I took a walk to the beach, walk around there for about thirty minutes and took the bus home, because the way back is up hill. I also do thirty squats a day and hang on the bar just about five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be take sometimes medicine for my body because I need to field great I don`t like field bad always I like to field so good another thing always I to think be careful every thing because I don`t like problems it`s easy My life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually walk at the park or at the beach sometimes play soccer I want to do exercise because this is good for my body and I want to be healthier

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually walk sometimes i do push-ups! sometimes too. i like go out and run i have off on Monday so i like to do many things i play soccer i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for my healthy i go to the gym 4 times a week . i usually i walk to work every day i love walk and i usually often take the buss

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I came to the United States,I felt I had more stress in my life about my families,even my health.I must to make me stronger than ever.Exercise is a good idea for me.It helps me control stress.So I can study and work well.I do some exercises everyday.In the morning,I make me wake up early,just about 6:30am.If it wasn't foggy,I would jog two blocks around my house for 20 minutes.Breath fresh air and make my minds better.If foggy was heavy,I would do some exercises like push-up in my house.
    I always eat cereal and milk,sometimes eat a apple for my breakfast.I think it's healthy.Then I go to school.My English teacher always regard health.In the middle of one class,we can do some performance training of stretches.That very good for us.
    On the weekend,Except help my my parents to do some chores. I often ride my bicycle to Golden Gate Park.Sometimes with my cousins,sometimes rode alone.I think I should stick to do that if I can do.
    I always eat sandwiches for my lunch.I think it should be change.I must eat more vegetable and fruit.
    I will do more exercises in my spare time and have better health and have better minds to study or for other things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For my health , every morning I usually run slow about 30 minutes, after that I take a shower and go to school.Some time on the weekend I walked in the park two hours.


    Hong Huynh
    October 1, 2009

    ReplyDelete
  8. In our lives,there are stress from work and family.So take care of ourselves is very important.I often walk for 30 minutes or more every day.And I always eat more vegetables and fruits with meal.But I rearly do exercises,because I am lazy.And it is bad for our healthy.So I need change my lifestyle,I should do some more exercises every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. to be healthy i walk everyday and somedays i go to the gim, i'm eat at home with my family and i'not going to restaurant frequently. my goal now is to do more axercise check the nutrition chart at the restaurant never add more salt to my food and teach to my family and friend's how to eat healthy
    because my family and friends are very important to my.
    poot carlos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three years ago, I had heart disease and high blood pressure. I usually high blood pressure is 160/100. I had a lot of stress. I usually work to 12 hours a day. I didn't have any weekend. I felt very tired. I didn't have healthy.
    Tow years ago,my heart attack went to hospital after that.I usually walk one hour every day. I always eat health food.I eat a liter oil and fat.
    I work two days a week. I lean English to school every day. In San Francisco I start my new life. I have health and I don't have stress.
    by Wei Lan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi.Am going to write some litter .how to keep your self healthy.firs when you wake up do some exercises,wash your teeth,eat breakfast very will probably a hate breakfast.After thee walk. Because walk in the morning is important.always eat afresh food vegetables any thing fresh food or drink.and i need to tell Avery body about dinner do not eat a lot of dinner after that go sleep to bad for your health.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I go to work every day. One time. I fell down in the road and my leg was hurt bably Because i hurred to catch the bus. then I called my boss I had accident and fell down on my leg. May you give me on day off. ok take care youself.

    ReplyDelete