Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sitting in San Francisco

Welcome to your first computer lesson with me! Today we have two things to do:

  1. Read about Labor Day and answer some questions.
  2. Listen to a song and write some words.
Part One: We have a long weekend coming up. We call this Labor Day weekend, to thank American workers for everything they do. Some people will go shopping for back to school clothes and things. Some people will have a delicious barbecue with friend or family. Banks, post offices, school, and government offices will be closed. Maybe you will work on Labor Day. Then you will get double pay, so that will be good.

Part Two: Here is an old song about sitting near the water in San Francisco. I hope you like it! You can listen more than one time by clicking on replay. Try to write all the missing words on the paper I will give you in class.





Where do you like to sit in San Francisco? What will you do this weekend?
Do you have a favorite park? Do you have a favorite beach? Do you have a favorite room at home? I love to sit or walk near the ocean. What about you?

3 comments:

  1. i will remember mi grandfather.when i was young he always took me with him anywhere ,i pass beautifull times with him, i'm felt protect from anyone when he was by my side .
    he tought me many things but the most important thing,he tought me how to smile.
    i'll always remember him!!!!!
    by7 carlos poot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will remember my family.When i was a child.
    My family and i, used to eat together everyday..
    my grandfather used to come too.I miss all those days.I sometimes get homesick. Because my father,and my grandfather,are not here any more.
    and also miss my best friend.Its been long time.
    I have not seen her.enjoy, and appreciate all you have now. Because it never comes back.

    by mm

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i came to San Francisco, I was happy and sad. I was happy, Because I came to San Francisco. But, I was sad because i left my country. The most strange for me, when i get to San Francisco was the language.Because in my country i have never heard the English language. But it was really interesting.

    by mm

    ReplyDelete