Writing Practice: Here is my story of the week. After you read it, you can click on comment and write your story about a gift.
After I got married in 2008, my husband and I wanted our children to get to know each other better. In July, 2008, one of our daughters turned twenty-one, and another daughter turned twenty-five. They asked us to give them a big party to celebrate being new sisters. Also, those birthdays seemed very important to them. So we agreed, and we gave them a big party at our home. We invited our family and friends to an afternoon barbecue and party. We had a big carrot cake with candles and we had home-made ice cream, too. Our daughters wore birthday hats, just like little girls! Everyone laughed a lot, ate good food and had a good time together. It was a fun party and an important day for all of us.
- What about you? Click on comment, and write your story about a gift that you gave, or write about a gift that someone gave to you. Write 6-10 sentences in past time.
Listening Practice: A Boy's Birthday
We read a chapter about birthday presents. The Railway Children gave some gifts to their friend, Perks. People from the village gave gifts, too.
- Today, click and listen to a young boy talk about his birthday. He's very excited.
- Click again and practice vocabulary by dragging words to make good sentences.
- Click here for one more vocabulary exercise.
- Are you learning your irregular verbs?
- Click here for exercises.
- Click here to practice listening and speaking for the Level 4 Speaking test. You need email to sign in and record your answers.