Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Get ready for you oral interview in Level 4.

Our Testing Dates are Nov. 30, Dec. 1,2, and 3. Let's get ready. This week, choose writing practice, or speaking practice. You can divide your time, or do both. You can also practice at home or in a library on any computer. You can also do grammar exercises from our book. Study English!

WRITING PRACTICE:

Watch this short movie. Write a story to tell what happened. Write in past time.

  • You can write your story as a comment.
  • Click down near the bottom of our page to start your story.
  • You can write your story on paper first, if you don't want to type.
  • You can write your story in Word if you know how.
  • Vocabulary: chess game, false teeth

Here is the movie:



SPEAKING PRACTICE:  For practice,


  1. Sign up with Voicethread. You need email to record your voice.  
  2. You can get email today if you don't have email now.
  3. I can help you sign up for gmail with Google. 
  4. Listen to each question about shopping.
  5. When you are ready to speak, click "Comment."
  6. Click record, don't type.
  7. Record your answer. You can listen and save if you like your answer. You can cancel and answer again.
  8. Listen to other classmates, too. Listen to grammar, pronunciation, and ideas.
  9. Click here to listen and practice speaking.

4 comments:

  1. I just want to comment about the movie, it was actually fun and on the other hand, it is so sad. As you can see, he is so happy playing games and though there is someone whom he can play the match, apparently, there is no one out there aside form him.

    The place is quiet and I feel like he wanted someone whom he can call on as a friend. Being alone is so lonely and empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time there was an old man playing chess, by himself at the park. That was a funny game because he had to walk around the table everytime he moved. The game took long cause he walked very slowly and he was loosing, too. That's why he worried too much. The game was kind of confusing because the old man did a trick to win the game. He was acting just like he was having a heart attack. After the trick, he finally won the game.

    k.o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best gift I ever received was a small blander. My sister gave it to me for my new apartment. It was last year. it came frome Macy's departent stroe. It was the best gift because I really needed it. I put some fruit and milk into blender.Made delicious smoothie. I dink it every day. I thing the smoothie is health juice. I need to heep my health. I like this best gift.
    by Wei Lan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best gift I ever received was a small blender. My sister gave it to me for my new apartment.It was last year. It came from Macy's department store. It was the best gift because I really needed it. I put some fruit and milk into the blender. I made a delicious smoothie. I drink it every day.I think the smoothie is health juice. i need to keep my health. I like this best gift.
    by Weilan

    ReplyDelete