Monday, October 12, 2009

Emergencies

Did you ever need to go to an emergency room? Did you ever need to call 911? I have been to emergency rooms two times. I had a swimming accident, and I broke my arm. You read that story about me and my dog last week. I also called 911 about my neighbor many years ago. I had a next door neighbor who was very dangerous. He used drugs and alcohol a lot. Sometimes he had very loud arguments with his girlfriend or with his mother. Sometimes I heard gunshots, but not often. I called 911 about him one or two times. My other neighbors also called. We were all very nervous about him and his family. I am very happy he moved away!

This week, please read about 911 emergencies. You can call and they will speak to you in your language. You should not call 911 for every problem. Read about when to call.

Click here for a vocabulary handout.

Do you have a 911 story? Do you have an emergency room story?
  • Click on comments and write about what happened to you!
  • Check your English verbs, vocabulary, and spelling before you publish.

Every year, unfortunately, there are many pedestrian accidents in San Francisco. Here is a song about crossing streets safely. We all need to be careful, not only children! You can see the lyrics, too.



Did you ever have this problem? You want to cross the street, but you can't because you're not old enough to cross by yourself yet. We've all been there, right?...Well, we've got a song to tell you what to do about it."

(Song Lyrics)
When you're on the corner, and you want to cross the street.
One thing to remember before you move your feet!
You need a little help from a grown-up friend.
We'll cross this street together, just take me by the hand.
'Cause I am here for you and I will cross with you.

Yesterday I saw Elmo standing there
He was all alone, he couldn't cross-he wasn't going anywhere.
I said come on, and let me see you smile
We'll take a walk together across the road awhile,
Cause I am here for you and I will cross with you.

Hold my hand, when you cross the street.
Hold my hand, cross at the corner and look both ways.
Hold my hand, you can count on me 'cause
I'm going to help you the best that, the best that I can.

Just standing on the corner can be such a waste of time
But we can fix this little problem, just put your hand in mine.
And we can cross and then you'll say aloud
I crossed the street the right way and now I'm very proud
'Cause I am here for you and I will cross with you.

2 comments:

  1. Two years ago, I went to an appointment at General Hospial.It was my first time at a San Francisco Hospital. I didn't speak English. I was very nervous. The doctor took my high biood pressure. It was higt 220 and i had a heart attack.the doctor told me, I must stayed in emergency room. I stared in the emergercy room three days.
    by Weilan
    by Wei lan

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year ago,I lived in large studio .The landlord was nice and gentle .I had many problems in the kitchen .He brought a new stove ,refrigerator .I never forgat about it.But ,I missed Hem .Idon't know what happened ,But a way ,He did a great job.

    ReplyDelete